What is Interceptive Orthodontics?
Interceptive Orthodontics is used to guide teeth into their correct positions and to prevent the development of complicated bite problems and crowding. Interceptive Orthodontics has become a very valuable development in Orthodontics and now prevents the need for complicated Orthodontics that used to take years to complete.
When should my child have Interceptive Orthodontics?
It is now recommended to see an Orthodontist as young as 7 years old to diagnose any developmental issues early. Developmental issues such as crowded teeth, deep bites, overbites, jaw discrepancies and missing teeth can be diagnosed early and with early intervention or modification of growth we can now not only correct these issues but we can guide the jaw growth and development to prevent more complicated issues later on.
What conditions can be corrected with Interceptive Orthodontics?
Interceptive Orthodontic Treatments may include:
- expanding or regulating the jaw to create space for crowded teeth
- modifying and guiding the growth of the jaws to line them up with each other correctly
- closing space if missing teeth exist
- improving deep bites
- ensuring the teeth are not trapped and helping them to erupt normally
- ensuring baby teeth are not stuck and unable to fall out
- identifying and treating issues that may cause speech problems
- guiding teeth to erupt into the ideal position
To book an appointment with our Specialist Orthodontist, Dr Stephanie Oiknine in London, you can book online using the button below: